Monday, March 21, 2011

Took a stroll down My |___| lane

I know this is supposed to be an art blog and believe me, it will be. Ideas have been circling around my head like planes waiting to land at Midway or O'hare. *sigh* Ideas for drawing hands and feet and today, torsos. But it will not be reality until drawn on paper. Plus, I really should be going to the Jewels to pick up something to eat. Had thoughts about going to the Apple users group tonight, but from last weekend's funfilled/sleepless nights in the city, will need to rest.

A couple of days ago, on a lark, went over to the My |___| for nostalgia's sake. Had trouble logging on because the password I thought it was, was not. After expending some effort, I was able to log on today.

Looks like Aaaaron updated his status there. Yay. Everybody else has not visited since late 2009. I visited friends like Boo Boo Kitty Fuck and saw she had uploaded instalment 23 of "The Bartender." Boo Boo's story of a woman and her ex-boyfriend from hell. Someday, I'd like to approach her about doing a graphic novel of her story.

I looked up LindaLoca, who got me interested in the Burning Man community here in Chicago. Looked at pictures of her at Santa Kong 2009. Looks like she had a good time. In fact, going through her pictures as well as other's had an eerie feeling of thumbing through someone's old photo album. The photo albums people keep in a box and put in storage, then when said storage place is emptied because someone didn't pay their rent, you thumb through images of other people's memories.

I made a final stop, for the day, at H Who Is Just Hiding Out. I read the old blogs and looked through her pictures too. She took lots of webcam pictures showing a wide range of moods. I think she is beautiful, even when she is feeling sad. I think she will be a drawing for a later date.

I am amazed that most of my top 26 or so still have their profiles up. Have they forgotten to delete them? Such orphans, but I will be visiting them soon. Those pictures on the friends list reminded me of an old high school yearbook.

Joseph

No comments:

Post a Comment